Mission / Vision Statement
Mission: The South Heartland District Health Department is dedicated to preserving and improving the health of residents of Adams, Clay, Nuckolls and Webster counties. We work with local partners to develop and implement a Community Health Improvement Plan and to provide other public health services mandated by Nebraska state statutes.
- We are committed to the principles of public health and strive to be a credible, collaborative and stable resource in our communities.
- We seek to perform our duties in a courteous, efficient and effective manner within the limits of sound fiscal responsibility.
- We work together to create a positive environment, listening carefully and treating everyone with honesty, sensitivity, and respect.
Vision: Healthy people in healthy communities
Core Functions of Public Health:
- ASSESS the health needs of the community.
- INVESTIGATE the occurrence of health effects and health hazards in the community.
- ANALYZE the determinants of identified health needs.
- ADVOCATE for public health, build constituencies, and identify resources in the community.
- PRIORITIZE among health needs.
- PLAN and develop policies to address priority health needs.
- MANAGE resources and develop organizational structure.
- IMPLEMENT programs
- EVALUATE programs and provide quality assurance.
- INFORM and educate the public.